BUREAU VERITAS CASE STUDY
2019 / / PREPARED BY AYUSH GARG
BUSINSS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE
ABOUT THE CUSTOMER
Bureau Veritas is the world leader in Gas inspections. Established in 1828, Bureau Veritas today has 1,500 people dedicated to In-service verification alone and all working to the same high standards, with the same rigorous approach, mastering local regulations. With a network of 700 offices/laboratories and over 26,000 employees in more than 140 countries, Bureau Veritas serves 280,000 customers in many different industries across the world.
As big as Bureau Veritas is, they still find it difficult to maintain efficiency with the increasing demand. Of course getting more administrative help won't be of use looking at the low margins. This is where they began looking for a solution that can help them with thier fast growing business while also being able to escalate in the future.
- In the Gas industry because of its critical nature, inspections needs to be done for the safety checks and compliance in an effective manner on a timely basis.
- The client spent only 30-40% of their time in inspections and the rest 60-70% was spent on administrative tasks such as planning, scheduling, preparing checklists, documenting and reporting inspections and so on.
- The above mentioned issue gave way to further challenges in scheduling and engaging the gas distributors at inspection site.
- Tracking the gas inspection equipments and its expiration & calibration dead lines were also to be taken care off.
- Hence gas inspection companies are under extreme work load to provide their inspection service & deliver gas safety certificates very quickly. The hazard nature in the inspection of gas makes it more complex.
- Gas leaks may lead to serious injuries, hence to ensure safety and security of people and goods it is necessary
to conduct inspections by licensed 06 professionals.
Pro Inspector was approached to provide a solution for the above mentioned Challenges. It was delivered in the form of Gas Inspector. Pro Inspector has greatly enabled BVR to reduce operational costs & eliminate paper work.
- As regular inspections require highly scrutinized time management, the automated inspection processes doubled the productivity, by reducing non value added redundant tasks, with same level of resources, thus performing efficient processes within the given time limit.
- Pro Inspector enabled to automate each process of the BVR’s business cycle eliminating paperwork by nil.
- Pro Inspector delivers features that drive the processes starting from recording a client request, configuring check list, planning and scheduling inspections, transmitting the data’s to inspectors, doing inspections and finally generating reports, certificates and invoices.
- In other words it was an end to end solution for the complete Gas inspection life cycle. The application helped the client to reduce their operational cost and operational time considerably.
- All the information the inspector will need to prepare for his inspection were made available in his/her tablet device in matter of clicks.
- Inspectors receive email notifications of their schedules and pre-inspection data along with GPS enabled maps which have been proven immense help to plan their routine & transportation.
- This had helped the company to schedule more inspections and also reduce cost.
- Gas-Inspector helps the organization to ensure uniform quality level across all inspectors.
- Data collections during inspections are highly automated.
- Systematic & Quicker Inspections based on checklists.
- Instant certificates and invoices.
- Time and Cost effective.
- The process which took about months is now done in a few days.